In association with community partners:
Calling all screenwriters, directors and producers! The 2nd Annual KIDZ SHORTZ wants your film…who knows… you could be a Grand Prize winner.
Check out this great new video for some inspiration
- Open for registration October 15, 2012
- Film submissions will be accepted through February 15, 2013
- Recipients will be announced on the MFF website March 1, 2013
- Awards Ceremony will be held on March 7, 2013
FREEDOM...the way I see it
The word freedom brings up many images and ideas. It may refer to free will, liberty, rights, political freedom, freedom to assemble, to protest, freedom of speech, intellectual freedom, economic freedom, moral and religious freedom, scientific freedom and even the freedom to keep your bedroom door closed to your sibling. Using film as your medium, explore what freedom means to you. Your G rated, film may end up a comedy, drama, documentary, animation, musical, adventure, action, crime, war or sci-fi. Films will be judged in the following categories: Cinemaniacs- students currently enrolled in grades 4-6 Storytellers – students currently enrolled in grades 7-9 Visionaries- students currently enrolled in grades 10-12
- Films must be no longer than 6 minutes in length
- Films can be shot on any format (smart phone, video, digital video etc.)
- Films must be submitted on a playable DVD
- A registration number will be emailed to you to label your DVD with
- No film will be accepted if it has been submitted to MFF KIDZ SHORTZ before
- Absolutely no names, credit listings or school credits can be visible on the submitted DVD – to ensure a blind jury. Any films received with credits other than registration number will be considered ineligible.
A blind jury of filmmaking professionals and educators will determine competition winners based on story, use of theme, creativity, direction, editing, cinematography and overall filmmaking competence. Judges shall not have a conflict of interest, which is described as having a direct involvement in the production of an entry. No judge will be related to a MFF Board Member or Staff Member.