Scroll to bottom of page for directions, venues, maps and parking information. For information on local happenings, points of interest, hotel and restaurant options as well as directions, please visit these websites:
All About Montclair
- Bow Tie Cinemas Clairidge Cinema: 486 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Bow Tie Cinemas Bellevue Cinema 4: 260 Bellevue Avenue, Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
- Montclair Art Museum: 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Public Library: 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair State University: Alexander Kasser Theater, 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043
- Montclair Kimberley Academy: 6 Lloyd Road, Montclair, NJ 07043
Accessibility: MFF strives to offer all persons equal access and opportunities to participate in its services, programs and activities. All venues are wheelchair accessible. If any individual needs use of an Assistive Listening System or other special assistance, please contact us at 973-783-6433 at least two weeks in advance of the program.
Applegate Farm: http://www.applegatefarm.com/
Montclair Art Museum: http://www.montclairartmuseum.org/
Montclair State University: http://www.montclair.edu/index.php
New Jersey Jackals: http://www.jackals.com/home.asp
Presby Memorial Iris Gardens: http://presbyirisgardens.org/wordpress/
Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center: http://www.yogiberramuseum.org/
Van Vleck House and Gardens: http://www.vanvleck.org/
Wellmont Theater: http://www.wellmonttheatre.com/
Food and Drink
Baristanet Food: http://www.baristanet.com/food/
Egan & Sons (Official Restaurant): http://www.egannsons.com/
Montclair Eats: http://www.montclaireats.com/
Whole Foods Montclair (Official Grocer): http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/montclair
Yelp Montclair: http://www.yelp.com/c/montclair-nj/restaurants
Destination Montclair: http://www.destinationmontclair.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=category&id=4&Itemid=31
Check out a Menu:
http://www.jerseymenus.com/restaurants.php?location=Montclair&cuisine=58120000@@@All+Eating+Places / http://www.allmenus.com/nj/montclair/
Make a Reservation: http://www.opentable.com/nj/montclair-restaurants
Shop Local Montclair: http://www.shoplocalmontclair.com/
There are several hotels within minutes of Montclair.
- West Orange Courtyard by Marriott
- Marriott Residence Inn West Orange
- Crown Plaza Fairfield
- The Westminster Hotel, Livingston
- The Wilshire Grand Hotel, West Orange
Directions to Montclair
From Manhattan – by train:
From 34th Street Penn Station, take New Jersey Transit’s Midtown Direct train on the Montclair-Boonton line to Bay Street in Montclair. To download a PDF of the train schedule, go to: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0030.pdf
MFF trolley service will be available from Bay Street Station to the various screening venues.
From Manhattan – by bus:
#33 or #66 DeCamp Bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. For more details, visit www.decamp.com or call DeCamp at (973) 783-7500.
From I-280 East or West
- Take the Exit 8 ramp leading North to Cedar Grove/Prospect Avenue.
- Continue for approx. 2 miles to Bloomfield Avenue, Exxon on the left.
- Turn right at the light onto Bloomfield Avenue.
- Continue on Bloomfield Avenue over hill into downtown Montclair.
- The Clearview Clairidge Cinema and the MFF headquarters are approx. 1 mile down Bloomfield Avenue on the right (see local map for more details and other venues).
From New Jersey Turnpike North and South
- Take exit 11 to the Garden State Parkway North.
From Garden State Parkway North
- Take the GSP North to exit 148 – Bloomfield Avenue.
- At light, cross over Bloomfield Avenue and follow signs for Bloomfield Avenue West.
- Continue on Bloomfield Avenue through Bloomfield and into Montclair.
- The Clearview Clairidge Cinema and the MFF headquarters will be on the left.
From Garden State Parkway South
- Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 151.
- Pass through toll and turn right at end of ramp onto Watchung Avenue.
- Follow Watchung Avenue through 4 lights into Watchung Plaza.
- FOR UPPER MONTCLAIR/BELLEVUE THEATER: From Watchung Avenue, turn right on Park Street North to light at Bellevue Avenue. Turn left onto Bellevue Avenue and follow into town. Cross over Valley Road and the Bellevue Theater will be on the left.
- FOR DOWNTOWN/CLAIRIDGE THEATER: From Watchung Avenue, continue under train trestle and turn left on to Park St. South. Follow for a couple of miles to Bloomfield Avenue. Turn left at light. Clairidge Theatre and MFF Headquarters will be on the right.
From Route 80 West from the George Washington Bridge:
- Route 80 West to the Garden State Parkway South
- Exit Garden State Parkway at exit 154, Clifton.
- After toll, stay right for Grove Street and turn left onto Grove Street.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Grove Street and travel approx. 2 miles.
- At the cemetery turn right at the traffic light onto Mt. Hebron Road.
- At next traffic light turn left onto Valley Road for Upper Montclair see local map for venue details
From Lincoln Tunnel / Route 3 West:
- Exit Route 3 at Grove Street.
- At the stop sign at the top of the ramp, turn left onto Grove Street.
- At the cemetery turn right at light onto Mt. Hebron Rd.
- Go to the first traffic light and turn left on to Valley Road leading into Upper Montclair.
- See local map for more venue details
Montclair State University/Kasser Theater:
- Parking is available in the Red Hawk Parking Deck adjacent to the Kasser Theater. Take elevator to 4th floor for Kasser Theater entrance. Take your ticket to the “Parking Validation” table in the Kasser Theater Lobby for validation.
Bellevue Theater and Upper Montclair:
- The Parking lot across the street from the Bellevue Theater and behind the Theater have metered parking from 8 am – 7 pm Monday through Friday. After 7 pm parking is free.
- On Saturday May 4th the Township of Montclair has declared a “Parking Holiday” in both of those lots and parking is free on Sunday.
- There is also free parking on many side streets including North Mountain Avenue.
Clairidge Cinema, Montclair Public Library and Downtown Montclair:
- See map below for parking options in downtown Montclair
- On Saturday, May 4th, the Township of Montclair has suspended parking meter fees in the South Fullerton and Willow Street lots.
The Montclair Art Museum:
- Free parking lot on premises
- Additional parking along side streets.
Montclair Kimberley Academy:
- There is parking behind the school as well as limited parking in front of the school facing the football field.
- There is a lot on the side of football field that can be accessed from Walden Place (street below football field off of Bloomfield Avenue)
- The first floor of the Orange Road Parking Deck (across the street from Hillside School on Orange Road) will also have free parking available from Fri. 6 pm – Sunday. We will have trolley service available to shuttle you between the parking deck and MKA. Please allow at least 45 minutes to get to your screening from the parking deck.
- Parking is available in the lot across the street and on the bottom level of the parking deck.
- Lackawanna Plaza
- Nearby side streets
Egan & Sons:
- Parking is available in the parking lot behind the Walnut Street Train Station lot (previously for Richie Cecere’s Restaurant)
- Parking on Walnut Street and surrounding side streets
MFF VENUE MAP: