2014 Festival Venues
- Bow Tie Clairidge Cinema: 486 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Bow Tie Bellevue Cinema 4: 260 Bellevue Avenue, Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
- The Loft, 8 Lackawanna Plaza, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Art Museum: 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Film Festival Office: 494 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Public Library: 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Kimberley Academy: 6 Lloyd Road, Montclair, NJ 07043
- The Wellmont Theater, 5 Seymour Street, Montclair, NJ 07042
- The Audible Lounge, 544 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
Accessibility: MFF strives to offer all persons equal access and opportunities to participate in its services, programs and activities. All venues are wheelchair accessible. If any individual needs special assistance, please contact us at 973-783-6433 at least two weeks in advance of the program and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Trolley service will be available as follows:
Friday, May 2nd: 5 pm – 12 am
Saturday, May 3rd: 12 pm – 1 am
Sunday, May 4th: 12 pm – 9 pm
Trolley service will be available to and from the following venues/locations (schedule to come) – just look for the trolley stop signs:
Montclair Kimberley Academy Upper School
Orange Road Parking Deck (from Valley Road)
Montclair Art Museum (Sunday only from 12 pm – 5 pm)
Bay Street Station
The Loft (Friday only from 9 pm – 12 am)
MFF VENUE MAP:
- Fri. May 2nd from 12 pm – 7 pm
- Sat. May 3rd all day
Upper Montclair Train Station Lot – meter and permit spaces
- Sat. May 3rd all day
- Sat. May 3rd and Sun. May 4th all day
North Fullerton Parking Deck – top level only
- Fri. May 2nd, Sat. May 3rd, Sun. May 4th all day
South Fullerton and Willow Street Lots – meter spaces only
- Sat. May 3rd all day
In all other cases, meters are in effect from 8 am to 7 pm Mon. through Sat. There are no meter fees on Sunday. There is plenty of side street and lot parking throughout town as well.
The Montclair Art Museum:
- Free parking lot on premises
- Additional parking along side streets.
Montclair Kimberley Academy:
- Parking lot is available behind the school as well as limited parking in front of the school facing the football field.
- Parking lot on side of football field can be accessed from Walden Place (street below football field off of Bloomfield Avenue)
- Trolley service is available from the Orange Road Deck to MKA. See schedule above.
- Parking is available in the lot across the street and on the bottom level of the parking deck.
- Lackawanna Plaza
- Nearby side streets
- Trolley service is available to the House Party on Friday night. See schedule above.
Directions to Montclair
From Manhattan – by train:
From 34th Street Penn Station, take New Jersey Transit’s Midtown Direct train on the Montclair-Boonton line to Bay Street in Montclair. To download a PDF of the train schedule, go to: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0030.pdf
MFF trolley service will be available from Bay Street Station to the various screening venues. PLEASE NOTE: Weekend train service to Montclair is to Bay Street only.
From Manhattan – by bus:
#33 or #66 DeCamp Bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. For more details, visit www.decamp.com or call DeCamp at (973) 783-7500.
From I-280 East or West
- Take the Exit 8 ramp leading North to Cedar Grove/Prospect Avenue.
- Continue for approx. 2 miles to Bloomfield Avenue, Exxon on the left.
- Turn right at the light onto Bloomfield Avenue.
- Continue on Bloomfield Avenue over hill into downtown Montclair.
- The Clearview Clairidge Cinema and the MFF office are approx. 1 mile down Bloomfield Avenue on the right (see local map for more details and other venues).
From New Jersey Turnpike North and South
- Take exit 11 to the Garden State Parkway North.
From Garden State Parkway North
- Take the GSP North to exit 148 – Bloomfield Avenue.
- At light, cross over Bloomfield Avenue and follow signs for Bloomfield Avenue West.
- Continue on Bloomfield Avenue through Bloomfield and into Montclair.
- The Clearview Clairidge Cinema and the MFF headquarters will be on the left.
From Garden State Parkway South
- Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 151.
- Pass through toll and turn right at end of ramp onto Watchung Avenue.
- Follow Watchung Avenue through 4 lights into Watchung Plaza.
- FOR UPPER MONTCLAIR/BELLEVUE THEATER: From Watchung Avenue, turn right on Park Street North to light at Bellevue Avenue. Turn left onto Bellevue Avenue and follow into town. Cross over Valley Road and the Bellevue Theater will be on the left.
- FOR DOWNTOWN/CLAIRIDGE THEATER: From Watchung Avenue, continue under train trestle and turn left on to Park St. South. Follow for a couple of miles to Bloomfield Avenue. Turn left at light. Clairidge Theatre and MFF Headquarters will be on the right.
From Route 80 West from the George Washington Bridge:
- Route 80 West to the Garden State Parkway South
- Exit Garden State Parkway at exit 154, Clifton.
- After toll, stay right for Grove Street and turn left onto Grove Street.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Grove Street and travel approx. 2 miles.
- At the cemetery turn right at the traffic light onto Mt. Hebron Road.
- At next traffic light turn left onto Valley Road for Upper Montclair see local map for venue details
From Lincoln Tunnel / Route 3 West:
- Exit Route 3 at Grove Street.
- At the stop sign at the top of the ramp, turn left onto Grove Street.
- At the cemetery turn right at light onto Mt. Hebron Rd.
- Go to the first traffic light and turn left on to Valley Road leading into Upper Montclair.
- See local map for more venue details
For information on local happenings, points of interest, as well as hotel and restaurant options please visit these websites:
There are several hotels within minutes of Montclair.
- The Wilshire Grand Hotel, West Orange
- West Orange Courtyard by Marriott
- Marriott Residence Inn West Orange
- Crown Plaza Fairfield
- The Westminster Hotel, Livingston
All About Montclair
Applegate Farm: http://www.applegatefarm.com/
Montclair Art Museum: http://www.montclairartmuseum.org/
Montclair State University: http://www.montclair.edu/index.php
New Jersey Jackals: http://www.jackals.com/home.asp
Presby Memorial Iris Gardens: http://presbyirisgardens.org/wordpress/
Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center: http://www.yogiberramuseum.org/
Van Vleck House and Gardens: http://www.vanvleck.org/
Food and Drink
Baristanet Food: http://www.baristanet.com/food/
Montclair Eats: http://www.montclaireats.com/
Yelp Montclair: http://www.yelp.com/c/montclair-nj/restaurants
Destination Montclair: http://www.destinationmontclair.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=category&id=4&Itemid=31
Check out a Menu:
http://www.jerseymenus.com/restaurants.php?location=Montclair&cuisine=58120000@@@All+Eating+Places / http://www.allmenus.com/nj/montclair/
Make a Reservation: http://www.opentable.com/nj/montclair-restaurants
Shop Local Montclair: http://www.shoplocalmontclair.com/